English teaching & learning! Tips, reflections & discussions!

Monday, October 15, 2012

Happy Teacher's Day


October 15th, Teacher's Day in Brazil. On a personal level, I have a lot to celebrate. I really enjoy teaching and I have very smart and nice students. But generally speaking, we teachers don't have much to cheer about.

Our Educational System still have a lot to improve and we lack more serious and long term investments. Not to mention all the obstacles educators usually have to face.

And I think that's what makes me keep a little optimistic: even with all these difficulties, we still have commited and hardworking teachers. 

Believers? They might be. But by believing, they make me believe.

Happy teacher's day!  


 You may also like: Why is English in the News in Brazil?

No comments:

Post a Comment